What is being done locally?
In Crawford County
Past updates from Eight & 322:
Stories from inside: It's not a hoax
In June Eight & 322 learned of a friend of the paper who lost her brother to COVID-19. She and her family were incredibly gracious to share her story in the midst of her grieving. Please visit
In may we learned of the death of a Franklin High School alum who lost his battle with Coronavirus.
Read his story here:
From the Meadville Medical Website that is chock full of information. https://www.mmchs.org/Blog/2020/November/Meadville-Medical-Center-and-Wesbury-Retirement-.aspx
When to test
• If symptomatic
• If exposed to a positive person within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes (can be additive over the course of one day). Should be tested even without symptoms but wait 2-3 days after exposure.
• Rapid antigen tests can be done for patients who have been experiencing symptoms more than 3-5 days after exposure. (Vernon Express Care Only)
• Special circumstance, testing without an exposure for travel, work, etc.
What to do with results
• If positive, quarantine for at least 10 days and 24 hours after symptoms resolve. • If negative, if you have been exposed, still need to quarantine
for 14 days after the date of last exposure.
• If rapid antigen test is negative and symptoms persist, remain quarantined and be retested after several days.
• If special circumstance, negative without a known exposure,
may resume activities but still masking, social distancing and handwashing.
• Special exception!! Healthcare workers with exposure and a
negative test may continue to work while self-monitoring for symptoms.
• Retesting is not recommended before 3 months.