- Adam Diem of Oil Valley Gravel, LLC. for the Roughneck Gravel Roubaix bike race based in Titusville over Memorial Day weekend;
- Hannah Gamble of Iron Furnace Coffee to expand the business with a coffee trailer to take to events, parks, and other offsite locations;
- Theresa McQuaide of Ziibi Fins and Floats for overnight camping along the Allegheny River and pedal kayak rentals; and
- Erin Wanninger and Marcy Hall for outdoor seating, bike parking, bike fix-it station, and overlook of Allegheny River at Woods and Rivers Coffee Shop in Oil City.
- Relevance/importance to natural outdoor recreation economic development;
- Viability of the business idea, including need in the region for the product/service, thoughtfulness of applicant’s method to resolve the need, uniqueness of product/service or method, timeline feasibility, assessment and improvement, and preliminary budget
- Economic impact on the region; and
- Presentation quality.
Next the finalists will submit a business plan and then make a presentation to the judges. Winners will be announced Saturday, December 3 as part of Oil City’s Christmas Past.