According to the Arts Oil City social media post, "It's an art filled day with a range of mediums, affordable gift items, original art for the collector, and a musical concert spread throughout the day and about town."
There will be open studios at the National Transit Building from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Pam Johnson/Pam's Quilting Corner will have items for sale and visitors can try out a sewing machine or watch Pam work.
- CJ Hurley and Barbara Pierce/CJ Hurley Century Arts will have art, prints, cards, puzzles and calendars for sale. Visitors will also be able to work on one of CJ's art puzzles.
- Linda Lineman/Lineman's Porcelain Painting and Memories will host an open studio and sale.
- Elizabeth Schmude Photography will have cards and puzzles from her work. Elizabeth is also scheduling family photo shoots for that evening.
- Maureen James will be in her studio painting the Christmas photo sculptures for Town Square.
Other artists to look for in their studios are
- Anissa Gage, Trisha Mock, and Crystal Roser
There will also be local businesses hosting artists showing their wares.
- Carol McDonald at Wye Bridge Hobbies on Seneca Street.
- Susan McGuire at Core Goods' new location on East First Street. (Opens at 1 p.m.)
- Group Show of Plein Air Painting at Woods & River Coffee until 2 p.m.
The local galleries and shops participating include:
- Artist's Attic LLC, on the ground floor of the National Transit Building offers art supplies, art-related gifts, and work from over 20 local and regional artists. (Open 1 to 5 p.m.)
- Transit Art Gallery and Gifts on the ground floor of the National Transit Building is a co-op gallery, representing the art of member artists. (Open noon to 4 p.m.)
As an added bonus, trained opera singer, Jamie Bastello, who is new to Oil City, will perform Arias at 4 locations, starting at 12:30 p.m. on the Oil City Library steps. See flyer below for more times and locations.